Saturday, December 11, 2010

Long Beach Tour

Four generations of Snowball women (and one little man)
 My family did a Snowball Family Tour with Grandma Snowball over Thanksgiving.  We went around and saw where she lived as a child, teenager, newlywed and first time home owners.  The picture above is the first house they bought and raised had their first three girls there.  Aunt Barbara was a baby when they moved in, but my mom (above) and Aunt Nancy came home to this house.  (note- they did not plan the giant cactus).


This was their first apartment as newlyweds.  Grandma & Grandpa's was the back right door.  There are four apartments that open to the courtyard Colin is standing in front of.  It was across the street from a park and just looked like a little newlywed apartment.  So cute.

I loved seeing my whole Grandma's life in two hours.  She grew up in the same part of town...and it must have felt like a major move to buy a house all the way on the other side of Long Beach.   It was fun hearing her stories and imaging what life was like for her during those years.

2 comments:

K.A.M. said...

I'm just glad someone took photos :)

Tasha said...

I love that you got to do this. I am hoping to go down one Sunday and see if Grandma will take us on the tour.